Friday 19 March 2010

Sprouted mung sabji

Mung beans are very healthy but sprouted mung are even healthier.

Ingredients:
Sprouted mung beans: 1.5cups
Tomato: 1 medium
Curry leaves: handful
Mustard seeds: 1 table spoon
Turmeric: 1 tea spoon
Salt to taste
Garam masala: 1 tea spoon
Sugar: pinch
Oil: 1 table spn
Chopped coriander for garnish

Preparation:
This is very quick recipe. One afternoon I was wondering what can I make which will go along with the rotis I had. I also wanted protein and didn't want the hassle to cook dal.

I had some mung and thought of making something with it. I didn't even want to boil it.

I chopped some tomatoes. Heated pan and added some oil, mustard, asafoetida and curry leaves. Once seeds started to splutter added tomatoes. Stirred for a while and added sprouted mung. Sprinkled some water every now and again to let mung cook.
After 3-4 minutes added spices and salt to taste. Allowed mung to get soft and once it was done sprouted mung shaak/sabji was ready.

I garnished it with some coriander and enjoyed with some cucumber salad, plain yogurt and rotis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some comments, your feedback is much appreciated and anticipated.

Thanks.