Wednesday 1 July 2009

Kale and courgette soup

Kale is amazing source of vitamin K and folic acid. It is also good source of vitamin C. I did struggle to eat raw or boiled. I was thinking of making my own recipe so I can include this amazing herb to my diet.

Here is my tasty soup recipe with courgette. I hope you like it.

Ingredients
Curly kale : 250 gms
Tomato: 1 medium
Courgette : 1/2
Onion: 1/2
Soya sauce: 3 - 4 tbs
Corn flour: 2 tbs
Garlic : 2 cloves
Freshly crushed peppers 3 tbs
Salt to taste
Olive oil: 2 tbs

Preparation
Wash and boil curly kale and tomato. Crush it to liquid and drain off the fiber.

Peel and fine chop onions. Wash and cut courgette in small cubes. Crush garlic to paste.

Heat the pan. Add 2 tbs of olive oil. Add freshly crushed peppers and let it splutter. Add garlic and onions. Stir till translucent. Add courgette. Add soya sauce. Mix well. Once the sauce starts to boil add kale liquid to the pot. Lower the flame. Make cornflour paste using water. Add the paste to soup and keep stirring till its thick. Let the soup cook till courgettes are soft.

Serve hot. Garnish with coriander and freshly crushed pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some comments, your feedback is much appreciated and anticipated.

Thanks.