Sunday 24 October 2010

Amrakhand

Amrakhand/ keri no shrikhand is the next best thing to enjoy in summer. I prefer making amrakhand of alphonso mango.

Following is my recipe of amrakhand. I avoid adding anything extra to preserve mango taste. You can top it up with lots of nuts but I would suggest just enjoy as follows, you will love it.

The best home made amrakhand I enjoy of my Grand mother's hand. She has magic in her hands :).

Serves: 4
Ingredients:
Yogurt: 2 cups
Sugar: 1/4 to 1/2 cup as per your taste
Mango pulp: 1/2 cup
Mango whole: 1
Saffron: 10-15 threads
Thick cream: 3-4 table spoon (optional)

Preparation:
Take a thin cloth and add yogurt in it and set aside for 3-4 hours.
This will remove all the water from yogurt and make it more thick.
Soak saffron in 1 table spoon of hot milk for 5-10mins and crush it to get the flavour and color out of it.

Remove yogurt from the cloth and pour it into mixing bowl.

Add mango pulp, sugar and saffron, thick cream and blend the yogurt. Adjust sugar accordingly.
Finally top it with finelly chopped mango pieces and mix well.
Keep it refrigerated. This will stay for 2-3 days.

Serve with roti or puri. Or enjoy own it own.

1 comment:

  1. This looks very good, I will try it if I can find some mangos.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some comments, your feedback is much appreciated and anticipated.

Thanks.